Spring Time Companion – Frühlingsbegleiter


Dear Friends,


actually I already finished this project on Thursday. But worrying about Knuddel as well as getting ready for our mini-break to Belgium, I simply had no time to write about it.


Knuddel, who's 19 years old now, has been very poorly ever since last Saturday. She's on antibiotics since Monday but still hardly eats anything though she's lost so much weight.
We wanted to cancel our visit to my parents' but the boys said they would manage caring for Knuddel on their own. That's why we're in Belgium and I finally get to write this post.
  

As always there's a little history attached: Last year I got myself in a stock of Drops Cotton Light. Charmed by the colours I did some crochet right away but I did not take to the yarn. So all skeins were put back into their parcel and this box got put away onto a shelve.
I stumbled over the yarn quite accidentally and being somewhat bored by crocheting granny squares on end for the blanket, I just tried “something”...
  

I took following shades (Drops Cotton light N° 02, 08, 11, 23 and 25) and stared off with a plain granny square. Just simple mindless crochet really. A bit of plain granny square, some moss stitch, some granny square … not really knowing where things were heading.
  

Thanks to Pinterest (again) I finally had the idea of turning this ever growing granny into a bag, into a “Spring Time Companion” and here it is:
   
 

I'll keep in touch!


Liebe Freunde,


genaugenommen habe ich dieses Projekt schon am Donnerstag fertiggestellt. Ich kam aber nicht dazu, darüber zu schreiben. Sowohl die Sorgen um Knuddel, als auch die Vorbereitungen auf unseren Kurzurlaub nach Belgien, hielten mich auf Trab.


Knuddel - nun schon stolze 19 Jahre alt - geht es schon seit letztem Samstag so ganz und gar nicht gut. Seit der Abszesseröffnung am Montag bekommt sie Antibiotika, aber sie isst kaum und hat schon viel zu viel abgenommen.
Ich wollte den Kurzurlaub zu meinen Eltern deswegen schon absagen, aber meine Söhne haben Knuddels Pflege übernommen. Deshalb freue ich mich, diesen Post mit Blick auf den Blankenbergener Jachthafen zu schreiben.
  

Wie schon so oft muss ich ein wenig ausholen: Letztes Jahr habe ich ein Angebot dazu genutzt, mir einen kleinen Vorrat an Drops Cotton Light zuzulegen. Die ersten Häkelversuche konnten mich jedoch nicht von dem Garn überzeugen, weshalb alle Knäuel wieder ins Regal wanderten.

Eher zufällig entdeckte ich sie wieder und musste sofort „etwas“ damit häkeln (die „Deckengrannies“ werden langsam langweilig...).
  

Ich wählte die Farben 02, 08, 22, 23 und 25 aus und fing mit einem Basisgranny an - einfach nur gedankenlos drauf loshäkeln: Ein wenig Granny, ein wenig „Moss Stitch“ hinterher, noch etwas Granny...
  

Dank Pinterest hatte ich dann am Mittwoch die Idee, das immer größer werdende Granny in eine Tasche zu verwandeln, in einem „Frühlingsbegleiter“. Hier ist er:
  

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!
 

Kommentare

  1. Poor Knuddel. I have had several cats who have lived into their late teens. One almost made it to 20. I bless my luck to have him as long as I did since he had his thyroid glands removed at 11 year old and he was, basically, living on borrowed time.

    Please keep us up on Knuddel's progress.

    Your purse is absolutely gorgeous!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Paula,
      the boys say she's "stable". We would be terribly sorry to lose her as she's been a part of our family for so long...
      Have a nice Sunday and keep in good health yourself!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. So sorry to hear about your kitty.

    I do love your granny square purse. :-) Thanks so much for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much!
      The boys will take Knuddel to the vet's appointment this afternoon, so we will know more by then...
      Have a nice week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. Guten Morgen, liebe Marjan! Die arme Knuddel, ich drücke ganz feste die Däumchen dass sie bald wieder munter ist. Fein dass es Dir selbst inzwischen schon besser geht, so eine Grippe ist immer fies. Deine neue Tasche sieht echt klasse aus! ♥ Tolle Farben hast Du kombiniert. Herzliche Grüße & einen schönen Kurzurlaub!
    Nata

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hallo Nata,
      heute Morgen ging es Knuddel wieder nicht so gut, nachdem ihr Zustand sich mit der neuen Antobiotika etwas verbessert hatte. Die Jungs bringen ihr zum Tierazrttermin heute Nachmittag, dann werden wir mehr erfahren...
      Dir einen schönen Wochenanfang,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. I hope Knuddel will be better soon, poor sweet cat! You've been taking good care of her, that she became this old! But I pray she'll recover and becomes 25 ;-)
    Your bag looks spectacular! I love those spring colors!
    Have a nice day, Sigrid

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Sigrid,
      I wouldn't mind having her around another 19 years indeed! We'll have to wait and see though, which isn't easy.
      Have a nice week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. I am sorry for you loss. Thank you for sharing at my link up. You are welcome to share again in Easter week

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I love, love, love what you did with the square! I hope the medicine helps poor Knuddle get better. I bet she has lived a well-loved life to live so long.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Jenny,
      unfortunately Knuddel died last week. We miss her badly.
      Have a nice week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. So sorry for your loss.

    I love your purse. I would really like a pattern to make it. Thank you for the free patterns on your site. I love them.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi there,
      thank you very much! I might write a how-to for the bag sometime soon.
      Happy crochet,
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts